Life is busy, VERY busy. I have 5 children, four of them live in my house. My oldest is already on her own and doing well. I’m sure that you could imagine a day in my crazy life, on top of that, I work full time.
For years I would dread going to the grocery store. The long lines, the angry customers and taking my kids to the store with me, IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!! I realized that no matter how old they get, taking them to the store is still a nightmare, it just gets more expensive as they get older.
I thought that a little bit of heaven fell on earth when Walmart came implemented the grocery pick up. The first time I experienced it I had to drive 15 miles to get to a location that had the pick up option. Now that my neighborhood had a pick up at the local Walmart I can drive 4 miles and get there in about 5 minutes and it has been heaven.
10 Reasons to shop the Grocery Pickup
- Its convenient you go online and you pick out the groceries that you want. If there is something that they ran out of they will find the equivalent price or lesser value if you aren’t big about brands.
- Better selection of Food their shoppers have a good eye and professionally trained, It seems like they pick out better fruit and meat when I use to pickup. I never got anything that looked bad or any fruit that is bruised. Each time I’ve been impressed.
- You save money you can watch the total increase or decrease as you shop. No more carrying around the calculator or trying to add everything up in my head. I can’t tell you how often that ended up in a bust for me. So this helps me to stay within my grocery budget.
- Forces me to meal plan Its easier to have an idea of what you want to buy, If you try to shop blindly then it can be stressful. I notice that if I have idea of meals I want to through the week it makes the online experience a breeze because you know what items you need and what to look for.
- No more long lines Nothing sucks more than to go into the grocery store its super packed, and they don’t have enough staff to help with check out. Drives me nuts! especially when you have other things that you need to get done and all you see is an hour delay.
- Eliminates the “I want” Syndrome Every time I take one of my kids with me they always want me to buy them something. It never fails. It doesn’t matter how old they are the youngest wants candy, the older ones want junk or toys and the oldest wants either hair supplies or makeup. Its refreshing to NOT have to deal with that.
- You don’t have to leave the kids at home I always want to leave the kids at home, as I mention before its a nightmare. Now they can ride with me because no one has to get out of the car, YAY!!
- They load the car for you I don’t have to put my groceries in the car because they do it for me. Sounds selfish of me but if its cold outside, I’d rather not. I try to avoid shopping on days that it rains because I wouldn’t want them loading up my car in it but that’s just me.
- Keeps me from buying stuff I don’t need when I go to the Walmart supercenter sometimes I can’t resist a good clearance rack. I know, I know, I know! my problem might not be your problem, but it does feel good to not be enticed by all the cute sale items and just get what you need and get out! I can’t tell you how often in the past a milk visit cost me $40!!! That’s some expensive milk right?! but it happens we go in to get one item and come out with 10.
- It’s not time consuming you can log on through the week on the computer or your cell phone and add to your list as you need things. Then once you finish your order all you have to do is submit it. When you get to Walmart it only takes about 5-10 minutes to get your order to your car and loaded.
Walmart grocery pick up is free to pick up. There is no packaging or shopping fee for your groceries. If you haven’t given it a try then I say you should! Click here to get $10 off your first order and just do a little test run. Its so simple! all you have to do is set up your account, place your order, choose your designated pick up time, then once its ready you let them know which number your parked in and they will bring your groceries to your car and load it up for you! Its the most fabulous thing in the world. Enjoy your shopping. Leave a comment and tell me about your experience!